It has been a bit longer than a few days but here are the key criteria that I want from a PHP framework.
- Allows designers to use standard HTML and CSS with minimal impact from framework
- Takes care of the basic security requirements
- Provides extensable modules for user management
- Helps build dynamic navigation
- Provides modules for things like sitemaps
- Needs to be installable on shared hosting
These are just the initial requirements and I suppose I am using ASP.NET as my benchmark.
My initial investigations have not been that promising. I am not looking at things like Joomla, Drupal etc I am looking more for a programming framework as this is for custom projects. The designers can handle the off the shelf CMS type systems without input from the technical team.